Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home Sick and Awesome Cross Stitch

So much for my epic day of work.

Last night, about 2 hours into my Joann's shift, I had this pretty intense depressed breakdown cryfest. I won't bore you with the details, but needless to say I went home. I couldn't sleep anyway so I ended up getting about 2 1/2 hours of sleep before my pick up barista shift at 6:30 am. I got through that with flying colors. I was extremely hyper and having a great time. Then around 11:15, just before I started my normal shift, it's like I got hit by a bus. I felt so sick. So I went home from that job too, and have spent much of the day sleeping. I called off tonight too so I could keep up the resting.

I've been looking up cross stitching patterns a lot today for no real reason other than boredom. I found that someone beat me to a project I really wanted to do, which is bad because now I don't feel as creative, but is good because they made a pattern I can now use.

Isn't it amazing? As soon as I saw the episode I wanted that poster, and now I can cross stitch it! As I said, the maker gave the pattern, too. I am hereby following her blog. ^-^

While checking out her other work, I came across these lovely pieces, both nods to RuPaul's Drag Race, which is one of the greatest shows ever made ever.


I want to make them both very much. I showed them to my friends with whom I watch RuPaul, and Abby suggested I make a "Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent" one. Turns out this blogger did already, too!


Love it. Love it so much.

I'm such a dork. And it's wonderful.

Tomorrow, Abby is coming over to bake with me. We're going to a Fourth of July barbecue on Sunday, and she's making epic caramel apple pie (or so she says it's epic, but it sounds really good) and I'm making cupcakes. Working at Joann's is ruining my life, by the way, because now I want to get into cake decorating. Grr...

2 comments:

choperena said...

Don't dive off the Wiltons bridge just yet. There are many cheaper alternatives! And many things they sell are just superfluous.

DarkStar said...

Yeah true. I spent a good long time in that section the other night...But it looks like fun, and who doesn't love cake???

Post a Comment