Sunday, June 20, 2010

Project Progress

Again, it's been over a week. I'm following a tutorial blog that updates multiple times a day. There's plenty of material to update on, but I don't know how the writer finds the time to find the stuff/write! Heehee.


Technically I started an entry Thursday I think, but I haven't had the time to finish it, so I'm starting from scratch.

First, work. I went through my orientation/paperwork/training Thursday afternoon into early evening. The people I'm working with are pretty cool and I'd like to think I'm going to make fast friends. Despite the unholy hours, the work doesn't seem very hard, and that's good. I'm going to be leaving for my first shift in about half an hour so I'll be there early. I'm waiting for my dinner to cool so I figured it was a good time to write, heehee.

As for projects, I made a list of everything I have that I'm working on right now, and everything I still want/have to make. I'll probably post it up here so y'all can see what I'm up to.

Speaking of what I'm up to, a few days ago I finished my cross stitch fairy minus the backstitching. I started that and just have the dress to finish backstitching, but I haven't done that yet, heehee. I put it off a little so I could work on the baby blanket, which has come to a complete halt, done a K turn, and gone in a different direction. I started to re-do what I had done (which was almost a whole skein of yarn; pulling it out killed me) because the stitches were too tight (who suggests a D hook for an afghan? Jeeze!) and I wanted to use a bigger hook to make them looser. As I reworked the yarn, I thought about how much money it would cost, based on how many rows a skein got me vs. how many rows I needed to do. The answer was more than I was willing to spend on yarn for one project at the moment, so instead I'm going to make small granny squares and stitch them together into a blanket so it can have a rectangle shape, but be smaller and take up less yarn. Perhaps another time, alphabet afghan...I managed to get a good number of squares done this weekend because I went to Washington D.C. (for the first time. SO FUN!) to visit my friend and I had time on trains and the like (and when I got out of the Holocaust museum an hour earlier than my friends and was sitting around in the lobby with nothing to do...glad I brought my hook and yarn!). So yeah, that's that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment