Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So About My Job...

Tonight was night 2 at Joann's Fabric; I got back about half an hour ago. My next job starts in 3 1/2 hours so I'm just going to stay up and sleep afterwards. That means I have time to post!


I'm having fun with my job. Even though planograms suck (they're these dumb chart things we use to set up the hooks and shelves the merchandise is on), the people I work with are really great and we make it fun. The hours aren't even so bad. I got 8 1/2 hours of sleep yesterday on accident (I was supposed to sleep from 6:30 to 10 but slept until 12:40, my shift at my other job starting at 1 (oops. Wasn't late though!), then an hour nap turned into a 2 1/2 hour nap) so I got through tonight okay. My perception of time is totally shot, though, and when my hours at my first job start picking up soon I'm sure I'll find this job irritating, but for now it's fun. I really hope I get rehired after the three week project we're working on is done.

As for my crafting, I did the rough math for how much yarn I'd need to complete the blanket I'm making for Cait's "baby shower," which has been cancelled because flying this late in her pregnancy might not be a good idea, so I'll be mailing it to her. I calculated needing about 13 skeins of yarn (not that it's a big blanket, these are just 2 oz skeins). Turns out Joann's had exactly 13 skeins of it left, all on clearance, as I believe I mentioned. Score for me! I felt kind of like a jerk getting all the yarn, but hey, it's a gift and I want it done! I've been fascinating my coworkers with my crocheting (I crank out a granny square for this blanket in about 10-15 minutes, which is how long our breaks are), and they've asked a million questions, which I always love answering. Surprisingly most of them don't know that much about crafting, not that that's a problem. But they all seem to be interested in what I do, which makes me happy because I love spreading the crafting love.

Speaking of crafting love, I also bought a crochet magazine tonight because it had this awesome pattern for these big pretty star pillows. I want to make black and green ones to go with my black and green star afghan. I'm thinking of reapproaching the afghan, too. The squares I'm making are squares with stars in the middle. On one side of the afghan I have black squares with green stars, and the other side, green squares with black stars. So far I have I think three of each square, with two of each kind stitched together and ready to go. But I'm not too crazy about the side that's green with black stars because it's hard to tell that the shape is a star, so I'm thinking of ditching the reverse-side idea and staying with just black squares with green stars. Thoughts?

2 comments:

choperena said...

Interesting. I'd definitely need to see them to decide. You should post pictures. Or, like, show me the next time I see you :P

DarkStar said...

I'll probably post pictures in an entry this weekend, because work is consuming my soul. @.@;;;

Post a Comment