Sunday, May 23, 2010

Craft Swap and Blaster Gun!

Bleeeeeh it's almost three in the morning and I'm wired. I really need to stop sleeping until noon on days I don't have work. Heh.


I finalized the date and time of my craft swap, the first I've ever hosted (OMG SO EXCITING!). It's going to be Thursday evening. I need to make some little projects so I have stuff to trade besides the like three skeins of yarn I can bear to part with. I decided to make another blaster gun like I did for the last craft swap I attended. They're fun to make, pretty quick and easy, and c'mon, who doesn't love a blaster gun? I found the pattern on Etsy; it's right here. Though it costs money (it's really cheap though!), it's totally worth it. And hey, maybe you can figure out how to make it on your own by looking at the picture. Beats me. Do what you will.

Anyway, the last one I made was black, white, and gray, but this time I got crazy. The main part, the knob thinger on the end, and the trigger are all a dark steel gray, while the barrel and the base are a sort of light coffee brown, and the rings are black. I'm totally making myself one in this color scheme, because it looks really good all together. I'll post pictures when I'm done. I wanted to try to do it all in one sitting, but some drama that came up kept me from doing this, but I'm still going to try to finish tonight.

2 comments:

choperena said...

I feel so guilty. I haven't had time to make anything for the swap. Maybe I could give out IOU's! And that way people can chose what they want me to make for them :D

DarkStar said...

That's actually a really good idea, too! ^-^

Post a Comment