Monday, May 31, 2010

Update

First of all, Drea was very right: flour tortillas with Nutella is FANTASTIC!!! I've eaten like half a dozen this weekend, along with half a dozen tortillas with cream cheese. It's getting to be time to go grocery shopping, because I need more food than tortillas, lol.


So I was waiting for Sarah to come back from visiting her family this weekend so I can jump in the shower without her awkwardly walking in, and she walked in as I was typing the above paragraph, so I'm going to finish up here and do that.

As I said, I finished the cross-stitch chick, and I'm working on the diamond fairy (if you didn't figure it out already, I was born in April, hence why I chose to do the diamond fairy; it's my birthstone). It's maybe like half or two-thirds of the way done. I'd post pictures, but I'm feeling too lazy for that now. I will post pictures of both when the fairy is finished.

So Drea has gotten back into cross-stitching apparently. She said on her blog (So much crap to make, so little time) that she's blaming me, which I take only partial responsibility for. Meredith started it all because it's her craft of choice, and I just wanted her to teach me, which I guess coupled with me shooting out so many nerdy and awesome cross-stitch patterns to her and Meredith, triggered her interest.

I've become a little obsessed myself, I admit, as I always do when something new and shiny comes along into my life. I need a second job, so I applied at the local Joann's Fabrics, and while I was there, I got a plastic box with those little sections that people use for floss (for a dollar! Yay sales!), and some floss because it was on super sale (3 for 99 cents, so I got 6), but I didn't have my list of flosses I needed so I got what I could remember and some colors I just liked. I got the rest of the colors at Michael's this morning, because they were having a 15% off entire purchase sale, so my grand total was less than $3. I love sales! And now I'm fully equipped to finish the fairy (minus the backstitching because they didn't have the right floss!) and the next few small projects from the book I have planned, though I think I might do the zombie sampler next. ^-^

1 comments:

choperena said...

I was able to withstand three years of sitting next to her "every" thursday at seminar and never picked it up :P

A zombie sampler sounds amazing!

Post a Comment