Saturday, May 22, 2010

An Introduction

Of all the blogs I've ever made and kept, I've never had one specifically dedicated to something before, let alone one dedicated to crafting. But I've been crafting so long and reading so many craft blogs that it dawned on me that I should make my own, so here we are now!


As I write this, it's the start of the summer (I got out of school two weeks ago), and I made a list of crafts I want to make (between work and summer classes) before I return to school and have less time to work. I'm making a goal to finish at least one craft every other week (giving me two weeks per craft, which is probably more time than I need but you never know), and to post here at least once a week, since I also kind of suck at keeping up with blogs and journals.

A Little About Me:
My name is Erika, but sometimes I go by Hoshi (Japanese for "star") and I usually write on the Internet as KuraiHoshi/DarkStar. I'm a college student majoring in photography and minoring in Asian studies and world literature. My main craft of choice is crocheting, but I have some sewing projects I'd like to complete. I want to branch out more into sewing, and I'd like to learn to knit but haven't managed to figure it out yet. I also am pretty apt at miscellaneous crafts as well. I have an Etsy; my username is DarkStar888.

A Little About the Blog:
Pretty much all I feel the need to explain is that l'artisanat, according to all available sources I have at the moment, means "the craft" in French, which is a language I studied for a few years in high school and loved/continue to love. Don't ask me why an Asian studies minor and former student of the Japanese language chose to name her blog something French, because I don't really know. I think it sounds nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment