Friday, May 28, 2010

Craft Swap = Huge Success!

It was pretty darn epic! Some good trades, mostly yarn and ribbon and the like. I swapped the blaster gun and I.O.U.'d an Emo Bunny (since I wanted to keep Jack, lol) and got some cool stuff in return. But what was badass was all the trade secrets I took in today. Drea showed me the proper way to change colors in crochet, since I read it often but never really got it (I'm one of those people who learns through doing, not reading), which is the only thing stopping me from trying crocheting things in grids, which I've kind of always wanted to try. Also she taught me how to make a yarn ball that unravels from the middle/both ends, so I can ball all my hat yarn! (I leave it unballed so that I can double strand the hats from both ends.) She also taught me Viking wire weaving, which is pretty cool, but I'll need to relearn (again, I learn by doing). Meredith taught me cross stitch, another thing I've always wanted to learn. I'm currently working on a cross stitched chick just to practice (pictures when I'm done!). It's coming along quite well; I'm pretty proud of myself! I'm going to get some cross stitch supplies tomorrow.


Food was had; I reheated some of my mom's epic gravy (meat sauce) with spaghetti and Sarah made meatballs. Sarah and I made a pineapple upside down cake last week from a cookbook we have, and Sarah decided to kick it up a notch for the craft swap and made what I've called a "stuff upside down cake." It had pineapple, apple, blueberries, and raspberries, all beautifully arranged. And she added more sugar than the recipe because we didn't think it was sweet enough last time, but this time was perfect. DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

choperena said...

That cake was SO GOOD! I'll practice the wireweaving and try to show you again someday.

DarkStar said...

<333

Post a Comment